Posted June 30, 2017
Fulton Presbyterian Manor recently hosted a reception for the winning artists in the annual Art is Ageless® juried competition.
“We are honored to exhibit artwork by seniors,” said Keri Edwards, marketing director. “Art is Ageless is unique in featuring only the works of artists age 65 and older. Our artists prove that art, in any form, is an ageless ambition.”
Winners in the Fulton Presbyterian Manor Art is Ageless juried competition were:
- Best of Show (amateur): Wanda Wickell, “Alley Spring Mill”
- Best of Show (professional): Ruth Horton, “Snow Geese”
- People’s Choice (amateur): Betty Colleen Brown, “Quilt”
- People’s Choice (professional): Ruth Horton, “Bambi and Thumper”
- Drawing (amateur): Nancy Lewis, “Metcalf Home”
- Drawing (professional): Carol Bramon, “Vegetable Soup”
- Fiber Arts (amateur): Velma Jurrus, “Crochet Necklace”
- Mixed Media/Crafts (amateur): Barbara J. Call, “Winter Owls”
- Mixed Media/Crafts (professional): Nancy West, “Gold Designed Box”
- Needlework (amateur): Betty Colleen Brown, “Hand-Embroidered Tea Towels”
- Painting (amateur): Richard McKinney, “Arabian Dream”
- Painting (professional): Ruth Horton, “Bambi and Thumper”
- Photography (amateur): Carol Bramon, “Reflections”
- Quilting (amateur): Alma Hoffmann, “What a Whirl”
Local competition winners will join winners from 17 other Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America communities to be judged at the masterpiece level. Winning entries at the masterpiece level may be selected for publication in PMMA’s annual Art is Ageless calendar and note cards.
Art is Ageless is a copyrighted program of Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America. For the competition, works must have been completed in the past five years. Started in 1980, Art is Ageless is an extension of PMMA’s wellness programs, which focus on mental, physical, social and spiritual health.
The Art is Ageless program encourages Fulton Presbyterian Manor residents and other area seniors to express their creativity through its annual competition, as well as art classes, musical and dramatic events, educational opportunities and current events discussions throughout the year.